IPP> Questions on IPP

peiwai chiu peiwai at usa.net
Mon Aug 16 13:58:56 EDT 1999

HI,

I wonder if anyone can answer the following questions related to IPP.

Say I print a document through a printer driver to make a data file and sent
it to a ipp printer. If the settings of "number of copies", "orientation" or
other job templates in my data file are different than what I choose in the
ipp client job attributes, (1) can the ipp printer detect the inconsistency,
(2) can the printer change the setting embedded in my data that I sent or
override it. (3) if not, why bother asking so many attributes. (or the
attributes are actually generated by the client applicatiion which are the
exact copies of user's choices.) (4) what will happen to the printout?

Please let me know if this address in not for posting questions.

Thanks

Roy Chiu