Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Mon Aug 16 19:29:21 EDT 1999

peiwai chiu wrote:
> other job templates in my data file are different than what I choose
> in the ipp client job attributes, (1) can the ipp printer detect the
> inconsistency, (2) can the printer change the setting embedded in my
> data that I sent or override it. (3) if not, why bother asking so
> many attributes. (or the attributes are actually generated by the
> client applicatiion which are the exact copies of user's choices.)
> (4) what will happen to the printout?

I think #1, 2, and 4 are covered by the pdl-override-supported
attribute (this from memory, of course...)

For #3, a print request need only include those attributes that are
required (both in terms of the spec and what the user needs to
specify); anything that is OK using the default attribute value can
be omitted from the print request.

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com