Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Jun 2 20:41:53 EDT 1999

Comments on the proposed resolutions to the following IPP/1.1 issues had
been raised on the mailing list as WG Last Call comments and were discussed
at the IPP WG 5/26-27 meeting.  This paper shows the agreements reached at
the meeting, which included a telecon with the Area Directory, Keith Moore.
These agreements need confirmation on the mailing list.  However, all of the
resolutions are based on the email discussion that preceded the meeting.
The editors will be updating the IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics document and
the Encoding and Transport document to reflect these agreements.  Any
comments should be send to the mailing list by Thursday, June 10, 1999.
Then the resulting documents will be sent as Internet-Drafts on Friday, June
11, 1999 for review by the IESG as proposed standards.  The following issues
were discussed and resolved:
ISSUE 17:  Client display of absolute time for job attributes
ISSUE 30:  Should "job-state-reasons" and "printer-state-reasons" be
REQUIRED for an IPP/1.1 Printer
ISSUE 31:  How indicate a ripped job that is waiting for the marker?
ISSUE 32:  Is Digest REQUIRED for an IPP Client and an IPP Printer to
support?
ISSUE 35:  What error code to return on Print-URI or Send-URI if document
not accessible?
ISSUE 36:  Don't require 1.0 support and add REQUIRED
"ipp-version-supported" attribute

The following files with revision marks have been posted reflecting the
issue resolutions:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/Issues/remaining-issues-summary.doc
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/Issues/remaining-issues-summary.pdf

I'll also send out the incremental resolutions to each as separate mail
messages for confirmation.  The mail messages will not contain the revision
marks to show the changes from previous resolutions or from previous I-Ds or
IPP/1.0.  They will show the new text that is different from the May
Internet-Draft.

I'll also post the .pdf files that contain:

  a. the revision marks from the IPP/1.0 November 1998 documents
  b. the revision marks from the May Internet-Draft
  c. no revision marks