Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Jun 2 20:42:36 EDT 1999

At the IPP WG meeting on 5/26-27 we discussed the following IPP/1.1 issue
concerning the conformance requirements for the time-at-xxx(integer)
time-tick Job Description attributes versus the date-time-at-xxx(dateTime)
Job Description attributes.
The editors will be updating the IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics document and
the Encoding and Transport document to reflect these agreements.  Any
comments should be send to the mailing list by Thursday, June 10, 1999.
Then the resulting documents will be sent as Internet-Drafts on Friday, June
11, 1999 for review by the IESG as proposed standards.
ISSUE 17:  Client display of absolute time for job attributes
We agreed to Alternative 1 to require the support of the time tick job
attributes:
Alternative 1:  An IPP Printer MUST support
"time-at-created(integer(MIN:MAX))", "time-at-processing(integer(MIN:MAX))",
and "time-at-completed(integer(MIN:MAX))" Job attributes.

Previously resolved:
The "date-time-at-xxx(dateTime)" will be added as OPTIONAL Job Description
attributes.
The "job-printer-up-time(integer(1:MAX)) will be added as a REQUIRED Job
Description attribute.