Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Oct 27 18:48:27 EDT 1999

The three documents described in the following note are intended to be
registered as extensions to IPP/1.0 and IPP/1.1 in accordance with the IANA
rules for IPP extensions. Formally such extensions do not really need a WG
Last Call, but I still want to give everybody an opportunity to comment on
them before they go for registration with IANA.

This is a working group Last Call for the following three draft documents:

- Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: "output-bin" attribute extension
- Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: 'media' Engineering attribute values
extension
- Internet Printing Protocol/1.1: "finishings" 'fold',' trim', and 'bale'
attribute values extension

These documents have been forwarded to the Internet Draft directory as:

<draft-ietf-ipp-output-bin-attr-00.txt>
<draft-ietf-ipp-media-engineering-00.txt>
<draft-ietf-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale-00.txt>

PDF and Word versions of the draft are also posted at the ietf-ipp web site:

          ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/

The documents have undergone considerable review and revisions during the
past 6 months and I believe that we now have working group consensus on its
adequacy.

The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

Last Calls are for a minimum of 2 weeks. To give ample time for comments
and to include the next IETF meeting, the period for working group
comments will close on Friday, 12 November 1999.

URLs for these Internet-Drafts are (sorry about long URLs that might wrap):

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-output-bin-attr-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-media-engineering-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale
-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then respectively:

      "get draft-ietf-ipp-output-bin-attr-00.txt"
      "get draft-ietf-ipp-media-engineering-00.txt"
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-finishings-fold-trim-bale-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Sincerely,

Carl-Uno Manros
Chair of IETF IPP WG