I think there is a cut and paste bug in the new Set-Job-Attributes operation
description. From the .pdf file that I down-loaded:
4.3 Set-Job-Attributes Operation
The Set-Job-Attributes operation (0x0002) prints a file.
It looks like you copied it from the Print-Job section.
Now that we have published a spec with the operation id assigned for
Set-Job-Attributes, I see no reason why you couldn't use it:
From: Michael Sweet [mailto:mike at easysw.com]
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 11:51
To: IPP Mailing List
Subject: IPP> ANNOUNCEMENT: Common UNIX Printing System 1.1b2
The 1.1b2 release of the Common UNIX Printing System
("CUPS") is now available for download from the CUPS web site
CUPS 1.1b2 is the second beta release for CUPS 1.1 which adds
a new PostScript RIP based on GNU GhostScript 5.50, many new
directory service features, and several fixes in the source
code distribution. Currently only source distributions are
Changes in v1.1b2 include:
- Documentation updates.
- The lp command didn't always load the user-defined
destinations, preventing it from seeing the default
- Many configure script and makefile fixes.
- The Microsoft code page files were missing from the
- Added a workaround for the HP IPP client (which is
sending an invalid printer-uri in requests)
- Fixed the encoding of text-with-language and
name-with-language to match the IPP spec.
- Added support for unknown value tags in the IPP
routines (previously they would be ignored)
- Integrated GNU GhostScript 5.50 into the pstoraster
- Client hostname resolution was broken on little-endian
- Now look at client.conf file for client's default
server and printer.
- The cupsServer() function did not close the
client.conf file if it contained a ServerName
- Added BrowseAllow, BrowseDeny, BrowseOrder,
BrowsePoll, and BrowseRelay directives.
- BrowseInterval 0 disables advertising of local
printers, but still receives information on remote
- New browse polling daemon (for polling servers on
- New PPD cache file for faster startup times with large
numbers of PPD files.
- The Host: field was incorrectly required for HTTP/1.0
- New set-job-attributes operation now supported.
- The mime_load_types() and mime_load_convs() functions
did not close their input files.
Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products mike at easysw.com
Printing Software for UNIX http://www.easysw.com