IPP> Re: Root OID for IPP Printer Schema

James Kempf James.Kempf at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Apr 21 17:08:21 EDT 2000

>Well, if Sun doesn't want you to use their arc for this, that is a
>different problem altogether.  If it will help, I'm certainly willing to
>donate an arc off of my branch of the OID tree:

No, it's not a matter of "Sun not wanting to", it's just that it seems there
is some amount of unhappiness about using a Sun-specific arc. Since
I put the OID in the draft, we're perfectly happy to donate the OID.

>I've already used a couple of branches underneath this, but I'm willing to
>allocate: 1.3.6.1.4.1.5515.3 for your use.

It sounds to me like most people would prefer a neutral arc, not
allocated to any company, but I can use this OID if there is no
objection.

What do people think? Should I use Bruce's or go to IANA for one?

		jak