IPP> Re: Root OID for IPP Printer Schema

Bruce Greenblatt bgreenblatt at directory-applications.com
Fri Apr 21 16:30:05 EDT 2000

Well, if Sun doesn't want you to use their arc for this, that is a
different problem altogether.  If it will help, I'm certainly willing to
donate an arc off of my branch of the OID tree:

1.3.6.1.4.1.5515.

I've already used a couple of branches underneath this, but I'm willing to
allocate: 1.3.6.1.4.1.5515.3 for your use.

Bruce

At 01:18 PM 4/21/2000 -0700, Manros, Carl-Uno B wrote:
>Bruce,
>
>I think we have an added problem in that Sun also intends to use this branch
>for some of their private extensions which go beyond the standardized
>values. I think that mixing the two on the same OID branch would cause more
>confusion then what it is worth.
>
>Carl-Uno

Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com
Sign up for our LDAP Technical Overview Seminar at:
http://www.acteva.com/go/dtasi