Ron Bergman rbergma at hitachi-hkis.com
Thu Mar 9 13:07:43 EST 2000

All,

In the IPP 1.1 Protocol document, the paragraph cited
by Hugo goes on to read...

"However, the definitions of additional "out-of-band"
values in future documents are able to explicitly use the value field
and have a value-length that is non-zero, if there is a need for
additional information to be associated with the out-of-band value.
Unless the definition of an "out-of-band" value explicitly allows for a
value, the value-length MUST be 0 and the value empty."

So a 1.1 implemetation must not break, but a 1.0 might.

    Ron Bergman
    Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions