McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Fri Jun 30 11:53:26 EDT 2000

Hi Anthony,

Have you read RFC 2805 'URLs for Telephony' (April 2000)?
The fellow who developed it for the IESG is at Nokia and
wrote a series of I-Ds last year on a URL for GSM Short
Message Service.  Perhaps we should send him a note?
In any case, expressing telephone numbers in URLs
(for voice, modem, fax, and any other service) is already
standardized in RFC 2805 (Proposed Standard), so we want
to use this prior art, right?

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc