Jay Martin jkm at underscore.com
Tue Aug 15 14:57:30 EDT 2000

Bob,

With all due respect, might I suggest you go back and read the *rest* of
Paul Moore's response and address the many other concerns he so clearly
stated.  (I've attached Paul's msg for your convenience.)

IMHO, Paul asks the best question of all:

> Again I ask what the purpose is? Is the idea to enrich the end user experience
> or is it an attempt to overcome the 'INDP wont go through a firewall' issue.

Why do you feel we need machine-readable components in an email msg?

I know for a fact that I am not alone in being totally confused about
the real-world requirements for dynamic/binary data vs. simple textual
email for printing notifications.  Why would anyone would *demand* relatively
real-time notifications for print jobs outside of a firewall, anyway?
(God only knows such a person would never PAY for software that does this,
right? ;-)

	...jay
	 IPP 	Notification I-Ds will now go the IESG)