Herriot, Robert Robert.Herriot at pahv.xerox.com
Wed Aug 23 18:02:56 EDT 2000

... snip

> But we probably need some way to "expire"
> undelivered notifications, so they don't build up
> indefinitely if clients
> go away.  Could be a simple, specified maximum guaranteed
> retention time
> for undelivered notifications, or an attribute (settable or not).

I assumed that we would use the same "lease" mechanism as in "ippget".
Unlike "ippget", the Printer doesn't have to try to be intelligent about the
lease time. It can always pick a small number, such as 30 seconds for all
leases and assume that the client will perform Get-Notifications within a
few seconds.