Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] Graham.K.Jenkins at team.telstra.com
Sun Sep 3 19:36:27 EDT 2000

Guys, I have been trying to implement a thin IPP server to run under Apache
on a Unix machine - accepting postscript-print requests from an Adobe
WebReady or Windows 9x client and passing them direct to a local or
lpd-connected printer.

There is no problem for older versions of WebReady, or for the ShineSoft
client.  But later versions of the WebReady client, and native Microsoft
clients -  interrogate the server and expect a reasonable reply before they
will do anything else.

So .. if any of you are aware a simple implementation along these lines, can
you please let me know.

G.