Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Sep 21 09:10:04 EDT 2000

"Hastings, Tom N" wrote:

> Michael,
>
> What is SAMBA 3.0?

SAMBA is a well-known SMB (Windows) network server for UNIX.  The
current 2.0 release is out, 2.2 is going into alpha, and 3.0 is
being developed now.

SAMBA 2.2 will contain support for CUPS (IPP) printing internally;
support has to be compiled in to be used...

SAMBA 3.0 will also contain support for CUPS, but I'm hoping to
introduce loadable modules to SAMBA so that it doesn't have to be
compiled in to work.

Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike at easysw.com