Manros, Carl-Uno B cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri Sep 22 14:30:02 EDT 2000

All,

Although I haven't got a lot of feedback on my previous note about this
document, I would like to get the IPP WG Last Call started on the
'ippget' Notification Delivery Method.

The latest version of this document has been forwarded to the Internet
Draft directory.

Please note that this document was derived in part from earlier drafts
on the 'ipp-get' and 'ipp-poll' methods.

It is proposed to publish this as a Proposed Standard RFC, and it is
proposed to be a RECOMMENDED delivery method, the same level as our
previous two notification delivery methods.

-----

The Last Call notice follows:

This is a formal request for final comments within the IETF IPP
working group for one document. The document is:

"Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'ippget' Event Notifications
Delivery Method"

which is being proposed for forwarding on to the IESG for consideration as
Standards Track document to complement the previous suite of IPP/1.0 and
IPP/1.1 documents. This is a working group product, which has been
thoroughly discussed since early 1999.

Note that the "The 'ippget' Event Notifications Delivery Method" document
is only one of several possible notification delivery documents on which
the IPP WG has been working.

The purpose of a working group Last Call is in the style of "speak now or
forever hold your peace" in case there are fundamental objections which have
not gotten previous or adequate discussion, or minor errors which need
correction.

Last Calls are for a minimum of 2 weeks. We will start the Last Call period
today Friday September 22, 2000 and the period for working group comments
will close on October 9, 2000 (US Pacific time reference).

The document is:

	Title		: Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'ippget'
Event
                          Notifications Delivery Method
	Author(s)	: R. Herriot, C. Kugler, H. Lewis
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 19-Sep-00

The notification extension document [ipp-ntfy] defines operations that a
client can perform in order to create Subscription Objects in a Printer
and carry out other operations on them. A Subscription Object represents
a Subscription abstraction. The Subscription Object specifies that when
one of the specified Events occurs, the Printer sends an asynchronous
Event Notification to the specified Notification Recipient via the
specified Delivery Method (i.e., protocol).

The notification extension document [ipp-ntfy] specifies that each
Delivery Method is defined in another document. This document is one
such document, and it specifies the 'ippget' delivery method.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-00.txt".

----

Carl-Uno Manros
Chair of IETF IPP WG

Principal Engineer - Xerox Architecture Center - Xerox Corporation
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com