IPP> Printer Driver Installation of Win2000

Yuji Sasaki sasaki at jci.co.jp
Tue Oct 24 14:32:12 EDT 2000

Hi,

I'm trying to make my product to be interoperable with Win2000
IPP client. In the "Printer Wizard" of Win2000, it seems choose a
perticuler printer driver from "printer-make-and-model" attribute
as an .inf file entry name.
This works perfect for American printers,  however, some of Japanese
IPP printer does have Japanase product name in "printer-make-and-model"
attribute(since it is NOT a keyword but a Text with or without natural
language), so that the Wizard fails to choose driver.
Does "printer-make-and-model" is the only attribute for Win2000 to
determine a printer driver?

Regards,
--------
Yuji Sasaki
Company E-Mail :sasaki at jci.co.jp
Personal E-Mail:crazy17 at attglobal.net
Nifty-Serve    :PFG02524 at nifty.ne.jp
1066 Saratoga Avenue Suite #100 San Jose CA 95129 USA
Tel:408-551-6470 Fax:408-551-6475