IPP> Appendix to Reference Existing Usage

RonBergman at aol.com RonBergman at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 22:12:51 EDT 2001

Tom,

See comments.  I will send an updated draft of the appendix out tomorrow.

     Ron

In a message dated Tue, 17 Apr 2001  9:49:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Hastings, Tom N" <hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com> writes:

<< Look good.  A couple of minor comments on the Appendix:

1. Media Coating Name entry should be Media Finish Name to agree with the
rest of the Media standard (though all of the Finish Names in the body of
the standard are explained as an "xxx coating" and 'none' is "no coating"
and the IPP Production Printing member attribute is "media-front-coating"
and "media-back-coating", so an alternative would be to change Media Finish
Name to Media Coating Name in the body of the standard).

RB>> Done (changed appendix to Media Finish Name)

2. In the entry:

"media" Job Template attribute, including the "media-default",
"media-ready", and "media-supported" Printer Description
attributes

the word "Description" should be deleted, since these attributes are not
Printer Description attribute, but are Printer attributes that are Job
Template attributes.

RB>> Done.

3. Note 3 should indicate that the values are numbers.  So change the note
from:

The media sizes are included in the "media-size" member attribute of the
"media-col"
Job Template attribute.

to:

The media sizes are included in the "media-size" member attribute of the
"media-col"
Job Template attribute as a pair of numeric values in 100th of a mm.

RB>> I added all but "in 100th of a mm."  Otherwise, we are adding too much detail.  This appendix is not intended to replace the IPP specification.

[Note to Harry:  The units here are 100th of a mm, instead of 10th of mm,
because there are no English units.  Therefore, the English sizes are
expressed as 1/2540 th of an inch.  So the added precision was needed to
avoid rounding errors.]

Tom