Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Mar 15 16:48:47 EST 2004

Carl-Uno,

You asked me to proposed actions about the remaining IPP documents that are
in the IETF standards track, since I'm the editor of them.

After talking with you and others, it seems best to withdraw the remaining
IETF IPP documents and close down the IPP WG.  There does not seem to be
sufficient interest in implementing these specifications to warrant
continuing them.  With only one or two companies are interested, it is
better not to pursue these documents in the IETF.  The IPP DL will remain
indefinitely for discussions about IPP RFCs, issues, registrations, etc.

>From the IESG ID Status Tracker, the IPP WG has 4 documents:

1. "Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): IPP Event Notifications and
Subscriptions", R. Herriot and T. Hastings, 2/21/2003,
<draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-11.txt> (Proposed standard)

Draft Name:  draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-11.txt (WG <ipp> submission)
IESG Discussion: Available
Version:  11
Intended Status:  Proposed Standard
On Next Agenda?  No
Current State:  IESG Evaluation :: Revised ID Needed
Shepherding AD: Hollenbeck, Scott
Status Date: 2003-02-13
Note: Revised version needed to address discuss comments

2.	"Internet Printing Protocol: Requirements for IPP Notifications", T.
Hastings, R Bergman, R deBry, 07/23/2001, <draft-ietf-ipp-not-06.txt>
(Informational)

Draft Name:  draft-ietf-ipp-not-06.txt (WG <ipp> submission)
IESG Discussion: Not Available
Version:  06
Intended Status:  Informational
On Next Agenda?  No
Current State:  IESG Evaluation :: Revised ID Needed
Shepherding AD: Hollenbeck, Scott
Status Date: 2003-02-13
Note: Revised ID needed to address discuss comments

3.	"Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): The 'ippget' Delivery Method for
Event Notifications", R. Herriot, T. Hastings, and H. Lewis, 2/21/2003,
<draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-09.txt>  (Proposed standard)

Draft Name:  draft-ietf-ipp-notify-get-09.txt (WG <ipp> submission)
IESG Discussion: Not Available
Version:  09
Intended Status:  Proposed Standard
On Next Agenda?  No
Current State:  IESG Evaluation :: Revised ID Needed
Shepherding AD: Hollenbeck, Scott
Status Date: 2003-02-13
Note: Revised ID needed to address discuss comments

4.	"Internet Printing Protocol (IPP): Job and Printer Administrative
Operations", T. Hastings, R Bergman, Carl Kugler, 07/23/2001,
<draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03.txt>   (Proposed standard)

Draft Name:  draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03.txt (WG <ipp> submission)
IESG Discussion: Available
Version:  03
Intended Status:  Proposed Standard
On Next Agenda?  No
Current State:  IESG Evaluation :: Revised ID Needed
Shepherding AD: Hollenbeck, Scott
Status Date:
Note: IESG feedback returned to WG 20-Jun-2002; new ID needed with improved
security considerations section