IPP> Document and Working Group Status

Danny.M.Brennan at kp.org Danny.M.Brennan at kp.org
Fri Jun 18 13:11:49 EDT 2004

All:

This working group has four Internet-Drafts [1] that have been in the
"IESG
Evaluation :: Revised ID Needed" state for units measured in years.  What
this tells me is that the working group has been unresponsive to IESG
review
comments.  I have asked the WG chair and at least one editor to review the
IESG comments and update the document as needed, but the response I
received
was lukewarm.

Years is too long.  Something has got to change.  It's either time to
update
the documents, finish them up, and close the working group, or to drop
them
entirely and close the working group.

To that end: I want to see a reply to this note from the WG chair, posted
this working group mailing list by 0000 UTC Friday 2 July 2004 (a little
more than two weeks from now), describing what the working group intends
do with each of the four documents.  If no such plan is provided, the
working group will be closed due to inactivity and the documents will be
dropped.

If a plan is provided it must include either a request to drop the
document
or a date by which time the document will be updated and sent to the I-D
administrator for publication.  You may wish to consider finding new
document editors if the legacy editors are unable to update the documents.
I am willing to work with you on timeframes if the group shows a
willingness
to move forward with the needed document updates.

IESG review comments can be found in the I-D tracker:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

Discussion of possible ways forward is appropriate...

-Scott-
IESG Applications Area Advisor for IPP

[1]
draft-ietf-ipp-not-spec-11.txt