IPP> FW: Copyright statements in drafts

Robert Herriot bob at herriot.com
Wed Jul 21 05:21:01 EDT 2004

At a recent non-PWG meeting, I listened to a  discussion of IP.  One part
of the discussion is perhaps relevant to recent discussions on this email
group.

Here is my recollection of it. A person cited an example of a Dell employee
attending a meeting where the employee checked a box on the attendance
sheet stating that he/she was not aware of any patents relevant to the
subject of the meeting.  Dell later found that it had a relevant patent,
but was unable to enforce it because of the innocuous statement by the Dell
employee.

So, I wonder if the IETF statement could trigger such a problem for the
company whose employee makes the required IP claim.

Bob Herriot