IPP> New IPPv2 Docs and Agenda for Telecon

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 12:41:21 EST 2008

Hi Michael,

HOORAY - if you have added any part of PSX spec to CUPS, then we have
a "prototype", and we can rapidly take it to PWG Last Call and then formal
vote for PWG Candidate Standard!

We have been delayed waiting for a prototype by one of the BMLinks members
in Japan (who originally requested this coverage for finishing events).

Please, can you describe what you implemented from PSX?  Did you do it
in IPP, but not yet in Printer MIB?  Of course, devices need to add support
in Printer MIB for it to be useful to CUPS.

Best Regards,
- Ira (co-editor of IPP PSX spec, w/ Craig Whittle, Sharp)

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Michael Sweet <mike at easysw.com> wrote:
> Ron.Bergman at ricoh-usa.com wrote:
>  > I have loaded two new reference documents for the IPPv2 project.  They are
>  > at:
>  >
>  > ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-info/IPP-SPECIFICATIONS.pdf   (.doc)
>  >
>  > ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/ippv2-info/IPP-COMMANDS.pdf  (.doc)
>
>  I won't be able to participate on the call, but at first blush the
>  only thing I see missing is the PSX spec - does it still live, or did
>  I add it to CUPS for nothing? :)
>
>  --
>  Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products           mike at easysw dot com

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
 579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176