[IPP] (PWG) Raster Question on what is required

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Thu Apr 28 16:51:36 UTC 2011

In the (PWG) Raster, the specification states support for 16-bits per
color.  TIFF seems to the only image file format supporting it and even
the TIFF libraries I could find only support up to 8-bits per color.

While I believe the (PWG) Raster specification indicates the range of
possible values; will or is there is a specification or compliance
requirements on what must be supported?  (The same would apply to color
spaces.)

Or is the situation that the printer provides it capabilities, which
must be one or more of the of the (PWG) Raster values.  Thus, there are
no mandatory values just a possible range of supported values.

glen

believed to be clean.