[IPP] Discussion items on media standard spec

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Tue Sep 27 16:16:39 UTC 2011

I went through the current document and have the following comments.

1.	In the second paragraph of the "Scope" section, it states the
"No provisions are included to specify roll paper sizes."  However, ...

	a.	... in the Section 3. Media Type, there are four roll
types and one undetermined length for "screen".
	b.	... in section 5.1.3 it states "... for roll-fed media,
the long-dim is always 0."

This should be resolved.

2.	Again, Hagaki is not a media type.  If someone really believes
this is a "media type" then it should be added as a vendor extension.
3.	Clarification of the word "sources" in the Abstract.   When I
first read it, I thought it meant "media source"; however, I now believe
it means "reference source".   I would suggest dropping the word
"sources" in the abstract.
4.	On Page 17, there are two entries for na_10x15_10x15in
5.	On page 18, should iso_a4x4_297x841mm be included?

Glen

believed to be clean.