[IPP] Media Color for MSN spec

Petrie, Glen glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com
Fri Mar 30 21:27:34 UTC 2012

Mike

Thanks for jogging my memory on some of the more vivid colored media.  I
still not sure colorant and media with the same color name are the same
color.  I looked at these and others; most do not give rgb values and in
many cases a color name like "green" is used for several different
"green colored" media.

As you stated in the last email "magenta colored media" is sold as
pink/fluorescent-pink.  So do we have magenta colorant and
pink/fluorescent-pink media; even thought they are the """"same""""
color.   Is there a "well-known" list of colored media names?

What I did not consider at the time was investigating the actual paper
manufactures (that would a shorter list) instead of distributor or
retailers.    Note that distributors and retailers give product
"interesting name" for selling/marketing purposes which increases the
problem.

Perhaps, as time, permits I can contact one or more manufactures to see
if can provide rgb values for the various colored and white media.
Short of that, I have a spectrometer that I could actually measure
samples to determine a media rgb value for each color media we decide to
list.

I would hope any list for colorant is short(er) and fairly well known
even if there are variations in the actual rgb value of a specific
colorant color.

Glen