[IPP] Feedback on some of the feedback...

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Sun Sep 23 04:34:10 UTC 2012

Some feedback/questions about the feedback from the last IPP WG concall:

GP28: Section 3.2.2: The Client queries the printer, not the User. – The term User can refer to both a person or to Automata. We need to select a different term to refer to actions only undertaken by people (not Automata) in the use cases.

GP30: Section 3.2.2.x: "Jane" instead of "User"? – Same issue to be resolved as item GP 28.

GP39: Section 3.2.2.4: "provides a preview" instead of "displays a preview"

REJECTED: We're talking about the user interface, not the implementation details. –

Because we are talking about a user interface for people, we need to resolve the same issue as GP28 and GP30.

	I would prefer to drop "automata" from the User definition; the alternative is to
        start using Person (and Person Interface?) which is just awkward.

GP70: Section 4.2.3.1: Expand "air" to "auth-info-required (air)" – air is a word with a standard definition. Where we are using the term as an abbreviation, the use of “air” in this entry needs further clarification.

	"air" is never used as an abbreviation, and I am inclined to remove the whole
	historical reference to CUPS since it is just confusing people more than "why is
	it called "air"...

GP95: Section 6.1: Change "Figures 2 through 5" to "Figures 2 through Figure 5"? – change to read "Figure 2 through Figure 5"

	My Chicago Manual of Style is still in a box somewhere, and the only online reference
	I've found for this is the American Psychology Society's style manual which says to
	use "Figures 2-5".

believed to be clean.