[IPP] RFC: Template for subunit collection attributes

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jan 26 19:29:57 UTC 2016

Ira,

Thanks for this.

Based on the spreadsheet, it looks like the make, model, version, and serial number information was rated a C by every person that cast a vote, so I am inclined to limit the base subunit member attributes to:

    <subunitname>-info (REQUIRED)
    <subunitname>-info-uri (RECOMMENDED)
    <subunitname>-name (REQUIRED)
    <subunitname>-state (REQUIRED)
    <subunitname>-state-reasons (CONDITIONALLY REQUIRED when there are multiple sub-units of a given type, added during the concall)

Plus the following as needed (another common one from the Printer MIB):

    <subunitname>-type (REQUIRED)