[IPP] Questions on Specification History

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Fri Jun 21 22:44:45 UTC 2019

Bill,

> On Jun 21, 2019, at 5:53 PM, wamwagner--- via ipp <ipp at pwg.org> wrote:
>
> Looking through the IPP Published Work list on the PWG website, I noticed that 5100.4 and 5100.10 are not listed. 5100.4 (Override Attributes for Documents and  Pages) is well marked as obsolete on the FTP site. 5100.10 (Internet Printing Protocol Version 2.0) is not.
>
> 	• 5100.6 (Page Overrides) apparently obsoletes 5100.4 . It is not immediately clear whether Document Overrides are still supported.

The 5100.4 docx and pdf files all say obsolete.  Perhaps we can add a placeholder that points to the new one (that is already reflected in the internal document database, but we don't show it on the current site).

> 	• The relationship between 5100.10 and 5100.12 (IPP Version 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2) does not appear to be spelled out. One would expect that .12 supersedes .10 . Is this correct? If so, should this not be indicated somewhere?

Yes, when we added IPP/2.2 we bumped the spec number; we probably should have just reused the old number, but oh well.

I can probably post an updated copy of 5100.10 that points to 5100.12, plus add a placeholder on the documents page with the same pointer.