[IPP] RFC: IDS Attributes additions to IPP System Service v1.0

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 11:37:47 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

I agree with all of your suggestions.

It seems like a good idea to add the patches support to Resources,
which would reflect (for example) firmware plus patches.

To clarify, "Resident Applications" are *distinct* from base firmware
and intended to represent manufacturer-supplied value-add, while
"User Applications" are intended to represent customer-supplied
value-add (such as functions built w/ manufacturer SDKs).  For
some manufacturers, "Resident Applications" may be extra cost.

Although the name is ambiguous, "User Applications" would
typically be created by and installed by Enterprise network admins,
rather than end users (although anyone w/ an SDK could possibly
create one).

Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434