[IPP] Updated draft of IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 (EPX) available for review

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless & Standards Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Tue Sep 3 12:51:09 UTC 2019

Greetings,

I've posted an updated draft of IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions v2.0 (EPX):

   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20190903.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20190903.docx>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20190903.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20190903.pdf>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20190903-rev.docx <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20190903-rev.docx>
   https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20190903-rev.pdf <https://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/wd/wd-ippepx20-20190903-rev.pdf>

Changes in this revision include:
Added version number ("v2.0") to title and name
Updated abstract and other references to use new feature names
Restored IPP Proof Print from 5100.11 and "rebranded" it as the Job Proof Print Feature in this document. Abandoned the proposed new Proof Print feature from HP.
Removed the " | name(MAX)" from the syntax definition for job-password-encryption, since site-defined localized strings in that context would seem to be unlikely and of limited value
Added "job-pause-after" and then questioned whether we ought to be adding it
Added a MAY statement allowing "job-password" to be used with "proof-print", with corresponding conditional requirements, so that the Job Proof Print Feature and Job Protection Feature can be used with a single Job to make a Protected Proof Print Job.
Added "proof-print-copies-supported"
There are a few questions still to be resolved, and those are inline as comments. We will get to those when we review the document, but I may reach out to some of you privately to discuss.

Cheers,

Smith

/**
    Smith Kennedy