[IPP] RFC: Rename JPS3?

Michael Sweet msweet at msweet.org
Tue Oct 15 17:53:14 UTC 2019

All,

As I start to prepare the slides for the November F2F, it occurs to me that we have made some useful name changes to historical specifications:

- PWG 5100.3 ("IPP Production Printing Attributes - Set 1") renamed to "IPP Production Printing Extensions"
- PWG 5100.11 ("IPP Job and Printer Extensions - Set 2") renamed to "IPP Enterprise Printing Extensions"

That just leaves PWG 5100.13 ("IPP Job and Printer Extensions - Set 3"), which has a strong focus on "driverless" printing.  I suggest we rename JPS3 to something that indicates its focus, for example:

    "IPP Driverless Printing Extensions"

    "IPP Driver Equivalence Extensions"

    "IPP Mobile Printing Extensions"

    "IPP Universal Printing Extensions"