[IPP] NODRIVER: Seeking consensus on a solution for use cases 3.2.20 and 3.2.21

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 20:37:44 UTC 2020

Hi Smith,

I prefer Option 3 "print-quality-col".  Lots of precedent in tricky
bits of IPP and still extensible.  I agree that any single simple
new attribute (such as "print-quality-percent") won't be a good
solution.

To respond to Paul's comment about 3D Printing, I think that
the "print-quality-col" solution would be the only acceptable
one.

Question.  Would we encourage implementors to support
*both* "print-quality" and "print-quality-col" (simultaneously
present)?  Because there's a huge legacy of "print-quality"
implementation.

Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839  906-494-2434
(to 30 April 2020) 203 W Oak St  Ellettsville, IN 47429  812-876-9970