[IPP] RFC: Add "printer-serial-number (text(255))" to NODRIVER

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:44:54 UTC 2020

Hi,

Although IEEE 1284 Device ID does allow a keyword for a serial number,
the PWG 5107.2-2010 standard ABNF does NOT allow serial number in a
conformant Device ID string.

May be in the wild, but not something relevant for IPP interoperability.

*Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)*

*Chair - SAE Trust Anchors and Authentication TF*
*Co-Chair - TCG Trusted Mobility Solutions WG*

*Co-Chair - TCG Metadata Access Protocol SG*

*Chair - Linux Foundation Open Printing WGSecretary - IEEE-ISTO Printer
Working GroupCo-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG Internet Printing Protocol WGIETF
Designated Expert - IPP & Printer MIBBlue Roof Music / High North
Inchttp://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic
<http://sites.google.com/site/blueroofmusic>http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc
<http://sites.google.com/site/highnorthinc>mailto: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
<blueroofmusic at gmail.com>(permanent) PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839