Zehler, Peter Peter.Zehler at xerox.com
Fri Nov 14 11:00:35 EST 2008

Glen,

I see the set of MFD specification enhancing the development of workflow
solutions.  The MFD specification clarifies the common semantics used by
the various user perceived MFD functions.  I expect an orchestration
service/application would oversee the execution of complex jobs and
handle task sequencing and task status rollup and processing.  The
orchestration service/application can leverage industry standards (e.g.
WSCI, BPEL4WS, JDF), be market or vendor specific or, perhaps,
eventually select one of those and create MFD orchestration service in
its own right.

Pete

Peter Zehler

Xerox Research Center Webster