[MFD] Resplution of comments on MFD Model and Common Semantics specification

Nancy.Chen at okidata.com Nancy.Chen at okidata.com
Thu Mar 10 17:21:59 UTC 2011

Bill and Pete,

Thanks for the hardwork for every detail in the updated version. I think
many people will really appreciate the greatly enhaced experience with
reading the document.

Here are some more general comments on the updated version:

1. Some elements listed and described in every table are not consistent
with those in the corresponding Schema diagram.

Below are some examples:

Table 62,
on page 147 - "PdlInitFileEntry" should be "PdlInitFile" and it's
container element "PdlInitFiles" is missing.
on page 148 - change "Cross Feed" to "CrossFeedDir" and  "Feed" to
"FeedDir".

2. Some multiple words element names are not all concatenated in the
tables, thus not consistent with the names in the Schema diagrams.

3. Some (perhaps) Schema diagrams do not match with the current version of
the MFD Schema v1.125.
For example: many JPS2 attributes in the Schema diagram (figure 94) are
not in the MFD Schema v1.125. Also it's not clear that whether those
attributes should be in Job Ticket Document Processing or Document Ticket
Document Processing.

Would really appreciate if a globally check for the consistency issues
with all the above three points can be done.

Thanks,
-Nancy
Nancy Chen, PWG Vice-Chair
Principal Engineer
Solutions and Technology
Oki Data
2000 Bishops Gate Blvd.
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
Phone: (856)222-7006

"William Wagner" <wamwagner at comcast.net>
Sent by: mfd-bounces at pwg.org
03/08/2011 01:52 PM

<mfd at pwg.org>
cc

Subject
[MFD] Resplution of comments on MFD Model and Common Semantics
specification

The PWG last call comments received on the  MFD Model and Common Semantics
specification, even those received after last call was complete, have been
processed. The list of comments and disposition is posted as a text file
at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/MfdOverallLastCallComment-resolution-201103

08.txt (for those that find a formatted version more readable, see:
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/MfdOverallLastCallComment-resolution-201103

08.pdf.

The updated document is posted at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/lcrc-mfdmodel10-20110308.pdf

and

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/lcrc-mfdmodel10-20110308.docx

(sorry, but a reformat to .doc did not seem advisable)

Although I have gone over this countless times, I am sure that there are
still issues. I will be unavailable until the end of the month, so Peter
may
address them. Similarly, if a more detailed discussion of changes is
desired, Peter may be of help.

Have Fun!

Bill Wagner

believed to be clean.