PWG-ANNOUNCE> IEEE ISTO

don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Wed Mar 17 14:14:27 EST 1999

Informally in Miami, Andrew Salem, President and CEO, and Peter Lefkin,
Secretary/Treasurer and CFO, of the IEEE's Industry Standards and Technology
Organization briefed a number of us over dinner about the IEEE ISTO.  This
conversation was initiated by me based on the PWG's consideration of
incorporation and other alternatives to incorporation.  On Wednesday morning in
New Orleans (4/14/99), they will be making a presentation to the PWG about the
ISTO and the advantages it brings.

Peter sent me some introductory material about the ISTO and the work it is doing
and a presentation about how the PWG and the ISTO could work together.  I have
placed that information in the Presentations section of the PWG Chair page
located at:

http://www.pwg.org/chair/index.html#pres

Please take a little time and review this material prior to the New Orleans
meeting.

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Director, Strategic & Technical Alliances  *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *