The relationship between the Alert Table and hrPrinterDetectedErrorState

Bob Pentecost bpenteco at boi.hp.com
Wed Sep 4 11:06:23 EDT 1996

Jay,

I don't think you can say "there are no warning/alert entries in the Alert
Table if hrPrinterDetectedErrorState is zero". We have error and warning
conditions that are not covered by the eight conditions listed for
hrPrinterDetectedErrorState. For example, a disk failure or a failure in
the controller that interfaces to our paper handling devices.

Bob Pentecost
HP