Stan McConnell stanmcc at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon May 5 15:03:05 EDT 1997

Carl-Uno,

Just a minor tweak to the last paragraph of the press release should
alleviate the heartburn afflicting the IETF, and put the IPP on the path to
righteousness and salvation.  (;-)

Stan...

"This new working group will define a new industry-standard print
submission and control protocol allowing end users to submit and control
print jobs over the Internet and across enterprise intranets," said Don
Wright, Chair of the Printer Working Group and Lexmark International's
Manager of Strategic Alliances.  "We are fortunate to have ...

stan>>   a group of extremely *independent* professionals, who in their spare
stan>>   time happen to work for

.. all the major printer, printing, and print server companies <stuff
deleted> including Adobe, Canon, Dataproducts, DAZEL, Hewlett-Packard, IBM,
Kyocera, Lexmark, Microsoft, Netscape Communications Corporation, Novell,
Osicom/DPI, QMS, Ricoh, SDSU/Start Tech, Sharp, Sun Microsystems,
Tektronix, TrueSpectra, Underscore and Xerox."