PWG> Maui PWG Overview Minutes

Jay Martin jkm at underscore.com
Wed Feb 4 18:13:39 EST 1998

Harry,

Part of your fine summary included this section on Sense:

  SENSE Notification Protocol

  No status. Jay Martin (SENSE Chair) not present. It is unfortunate
  that we were unable to schedule a SENSE discussion in Maui because
  IPP is interested in considering SENSE as notification scheme. IPP
  may also want to look at SNMPv3 (recently published RFCs). It was
  noted that there are many notification protocols available today
  that may need to be investigated.

Would someone be so kind as to list the "many notification protocols
available today that may need to be investigated"?  I would be more
than happy to start investigated those alternatives if someone would
post them to the IPP list (or the Sense list, or whatever).

Thanks in advance.

	...jay

--  JK Martin               |  Email:   jkm at underscore.com          --
--  Underscore, Inc.        |  Voice:   (603) 889-7000              --
--  41C Sagamore Park Road  |  Fax:     (603) 889-2699              --
--  Hudson, NH 03051-4915   |  Web:     http://www.underscore.com   --