PWG> Process

Dennis Carney dcarney at us.ibm.com
Thu May 29 12:53:17 EDT 2003

Elliott,

My comments below, marked with <dmc></dmc>.

Dennis

                      ElliottBradshaw at o
                      aktech.com               To:       pwg at pwg.org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      owner-pwg at pwg.org        Subject:  Re: PWG> Process

                      05/29/03 06:48 AM

Since I'm about to post documents for CR, I went through the file naming
7section in detail.

1.  For a Working Draft (e.g.), the name is of the form:
     ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wg/wd/wd-wg10-yyyymmdd.pdf

But if a Working Group publishes multiple projects, shouldn't "wg10" be
replaced by something project specific?  And does the local file name have
to include the group name somewhere (for global uniqueness) or will that be
handled by the PWG standard number assigned later?

So, if the CR group publishes a working draft called "The
RepertoireSupported Element" what should I call it:
     ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cr/wd/wd-cr10-yyyymmdd.pdf
     ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cr/wd/wd-rs10-yyyymmdd.pdf
     ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cr/wd/wd-crrs10-yyyymmdd.pdf
<dmc>
You're right that we haven't dealt with "subprojects".
I'd vote for the third option just above, or a slightly-different fourth
option:
     ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cr/wd/wd-cr-rs10-yyyymmdd.pdf
</dmc>

2.  Can we use the http: URL rather than ftp: in references to these
documents?  Seems friendlier.
<dmc>