Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Fri May 30 15:15:05 EDT 2003

Elliott,

I agree with Ira's comments.  File names should be of the form:

	wd-[wg][spec][version]-yyyymmdd.pdf

where wg is "cr" in your case for the Character Repertoire WG.  This
refinement of the file name syntax needs to be added to the process
document.

You could name your Standard Character Repertoires with an acronym or some
somewhat pronouncable abbrievation:

	wd-crscr10-yyyymmdd.pdf
or
	wd-crrep10-yyyymmdd.pdf

or whatever you want after the "cr".

I wasn't at the meeting, but my understanding was that the file name was to
have just three fields each separated by "-".  So I think that Dennis's
alternative of introducing a fourth field for "sub-projects" is counter to
that.

IPP has 20 or more documents. We don't consider them "sub-projects".

Our new file names so far are:

wd-ippdoc10-20030519.doc       - Document object
wd-ippOverride10-20030527.doc  - Overrides
wd-ippfutures10-20030528.doc   - Futures (a bad name because it isn't
specific)
wd-ippjobx10-20030528.doc      - Job Extensions
wd-ippsave10-20030303.doc      - Job Save and other extensions

As a related comment that might possibly want to be included in the process
document (or at least in the PWG standard template document):

I've been trying to use the second field (minus the numeric part) in the
file name as the cross reference inside [] inside the documents.  So I've
been using:
[ippdoc], [ippOverride], [ippfuture], [ippjobx], and [ippsave] as cross
references to the other IPP documents.

Tom