McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sun Jan 2 20:59:19 EST 2005

Hi folks,                                        Sunday (2 January 2005)

[for review in Camas, WA in the afternoon of Wednesday 12 January]

Based on comments from Mike, Ivan, Ron, and Harry, I have just posted a
third draft of the PWG Printer Port Monitor MIB at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/BOFs/port/tb-portmib10-20050102.htm
    - full text - PWG boilerplate, introduction, model, references

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/BOFs/port/tb-portmib10-20050102.mib
    - MIB source only

Comments?

[change log included in MIB]

    REVISION        "0501020000Z" -- 2 January 2005 (v0.30)
    DESCRIPTION     "Third draft of PWG Printer Port Monitor MIB.
                    - revised DESCRIPTION of several objects, to delete
                      inappropriate use of 'Note:' (for clarity),
                      per comments from Ron Bergman;
                    - revised DESCRIPTION of 'ppmGeneralNaturalLanguage'
                      to specify that default is 'en-US' (US English)
                      and to explain typical uses of language tags,
                      per comments from Ron Bergman;
                    - changed SYNTAX of 'ppmGeneralNumberOfPorts' from
                      'Counter32' (may only increase) to 'Gauge32' (may
                      decrease if rows in 'ppmPortTable' are removed)
                      and added DEFVAL clause (allowed on 'Gauge32'),
                      per comments from Ron Bergman;
                    - revised DESCRIPTION of 'ppmPortIndex', to explain
                      the DEFVAL clause is omitted per SMIv2 (RFC 2578),
                      per comments from Ron Bergman;
                    - changed SYNTAX of 'ppmPortProtocolType' to simple
                      'Integer32', to allow zero for 'not specified' and
                      to decouple from IANA-PRINTER-MIB for compilation,
                      per comments from Ron Bergman;
                    - revised DESCRIPTION of 'ppmPortProtocolType' to
                      require use of 'chPort9100' for Raw printing (and
                      prohibit 'chPortTCP(37)' and 'chBidirPortTCP(38)'
                      for Raw printing), to avoid ambiguity,
                      per comments from Mike and Ivan;
                    - revised DESCRIPTION of 'ppmPortLprQueueName', to
                      to specify default queue name of 'LPR',
                      per comments from Ron Bergman;"