SM> Next SM meeting will be 8/28/03

Zehler, Peter PZehler at crt.xerox.com
Tue Aug 19 13:02:00 EDT 2003

All,

The next teleconference for the Semantic Model will be on August 28.   My
proposed agenda is
1)	Status of JobX, Overrides and  Document Object specifications
2)	Status of PWG Semantic Model
3)	Status of PWG Schema
a.	Changes
b.	Release update strategy and naming
4)	Review issues raised (list included below)
5)	Other items?
6)	Next steps

Please send me any additional items, comments or issues.

Pete

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Innovation Group
				Email: PZehler at crt.xerox.com
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755
				FAX:      (585) 422-7961
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
				        Xerox Corp.
				        800 Phillips Rd.
				        M/S 128-25E
				        Webster NY, 14580-9701

You are invited to join a meeting on the PWG Semantic Model. Meeting details
are listed below.

Meeting Date: 08/28/2003
Meeting Time: 1:00 PM Eastern (11:00 AM Pacific)

Instant Meeting Details:
-------------------------------
USA Toll Free Number: 877-707-6056

Participant Passcode: 437874

Instant Net Conference Details:
-------------------------------
Meeting Number:          747275324
Meeting Passcode:        PwgSm
Meeting Host:            Pete Zehler

Join Instructions for Instant Net Conference:

REPEAT USERS
1. Join the meeting now:
http://www.mymeetings.com/nc/join.php?i=747275324&p=PwgSm&t=c
2. Enter your name
3. Agree to the Terms & Conditions and click Proceed.

NEW USERS
1. Go to http://www.mymeetings.com/nc/
2. Type in the Meeting Number
3. Type in the Meeting Passcode (if one was provided)
4. Choose "Conference" and click Proceed
5. If you are a new user, click on "New Users" to check your system
and download the software and go back to Join Net Conference page
6. Enter your name
7. Agree to the Terms & Conditions and click Proceed.
Current PWG Semantic Model/Schema Issues:
	1)	ProcessingActual.xsd has a duplicate definition of
OutputBinActual in JobProcessingActual - I pulled it out and it was fine in
sqc
				<PZ>Duplicate was supposed to be
"OutputDeciceActual".  Fixed in all sub-schemas.</PZ>
	2)	the PWG SM schemas liberally use <xs:any
namespace="##any"/>.  The sqc apparently dislikes using ##any for the
namepace wildcard if the xs:any is in a sequence with any other elements.
If I switch this to <xs:any namespace="##other"/>, the problem goes away.  I
couldn't find any documentation on why this is a problem, but the sqc
doesn't like it.  Interestingly, it looks like you can add !both! <xs:any
namespace="##other"/> and <xs:any namespace="##local"/> and it works fine -
which in theory is the equivalent of <xs:any namespace="##any"/>.  I did
find this pattern in a sample online, but I haven't yet found any
description on why <xs:any namespace="##any"/> is a real problem.  It does,
however, fail the sqc, and we think it may be what is causing some of the MS
tools to give up on the SM schemas as well
				<PZ>Actually the replacement for <xs:any
namespace="##any"/> would be <xs:any
namespace="http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/"/> and <xs:any
namespace="##other"/>.  We do NOT want locally defined elements.  All
extensions MUST be fully qualified with the namespace to federate extensions
to the schema.  In all examples I have seen from the W3C they use '##any"
for this type of extensibility.  I still have not reinstalled all  my XML
tools yet or have not had time to try them on this issue.  It seems to me
that '##any' is exactly what we mean.</PZ>
	3)	The PWG copyright on the schemas still says 2002.  I'm
assuming we need to roll this to 2003.
				<PZ>Added ", 2003" to copyright notices</PZ>
	4)	"JobPriority" need minimum value of '1' and maximum value of
'100'.
				<PZ>Added to "JobPriority" and
"JobPriorityDefault"</PZ>
	5)	The "MediaSizeSelfDescribingNameWKV" element has an
enumberation 'om_large-photo_200x300' that should be
'om_large-photo_200x300mm'.
				<PZ>Fixed</PZ>
	6)	"DocumentFormatWKV" needs
'application/vnd.pwg-xhtml-print+xml' and image MIME types
				<PZ>Added
'application/vnd.pwg-xhtml-print+xml', image/g3fax', 'image/jpeg',
'imag/tiff'and 'image/tiff-fx'.</PZ>
	7)	"DocumentFormat" does not allow certain extension values.
				<PZ>The "MimeExtentionPattern" SimpleType is
not correct.  As a quick fix I changed it to have a value of
'(\i|\d|\.)*&#x002F;(\i|\d|\.\p{P})*'.  I have not tested it yet.  Anyone
with time to create a proper pattern describing MIME would be
appreciated.</PZ>
	8)	"PrinterStateReasons" should include the values
'AttentionRequired' and 'MarkerFailure'.
				<PZ>Added them</PZ>
	9)	"DocumentFormat" need the value 'unknown'.
				<PZ>Added it</PZ>
	10)	"JobAccountingId" should be "JobAccountingID".
				<PZ>Fixed</PZ>
	11)	How should we release the updated PWG Schema v0.95?
				<PZ>Release as version 0.96</PZ>