WBMM> PWGDeviceControl Interface WSDL (Proposal)

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed May 28 01:18:09 EDT 2003

Posted is a WSDL representation of a proposed WBMM Interface, Service and
(SOAP) Binding we hope will help merge WBMM process with the successful
approach taken by PSI. The interface is simple... containing both
synchronous (wait for return) and asynchronous (supply URI for a
"listener" for the asych response) versions of

GetAttributes
SetAttributes
ExecuteCommand
GetAll

It also supplies mechanisms for

Unregister

for notifications. These can be displaced if we engage a more global
notifications PWG working group.

Examples of Execute commands would be Reset, OpPanelMessage, Off-line,
LockOpPanel, DownloadCode

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/WDSL/PWGDeviceControlInterface.wsdl
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/WDSL/PWGDeviceControlService.wsdl
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/WDSL/PWGDeviceControlBinding.wsdl

The WSDL was built using IBM's WebSphere Applications Development
environment and I haven't had an opportunity to check using XMLSPY... so
there could be some incompatibility.

I hope this will be viewed as a good basis for interface discussion just
as Ira's work on translating the Printer MIB has been for data model and
Bill/Cathy/Kelli's work is for requirements.

Perhaps we can spend some time on the agenda tomorrow if there are any
comments or questions on the WSDL.

Harry Lewis
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems