WBMM> PWGDeviceControl Interface WSDL (Proposal)

WBMM> PWGDeviceControl Interface WSDL (Proposal)

Wagner,William WWagner at NetSilicon.com
Wed May 28 11:44:43 EDT 2003

Harry,

Many thanks for this initiative.  It is desirable to get beyond  the data model and into the discussion of the protocol and operations. Although this may be archaic, I would prefer the operations conceptual discussion be in English rather than jumping to WSDL right away. For example, I see 18 messages listed, but it is not clear to me what they do...to say the least. I do  not recognize many of the operations that were identified in the Scope&Start document I sent out in February: the idea of compound operations (get, compare, report);  of scheduling operations (now, then, periodic); the query for instructions, etc.

Hopefully, we will get beyond the other things on the agenda to start discussion of the operations.

Bill Wagner

(the messages listed are)
<message name="GetAttributesResponse"/>
<message name="GetAttributesRequest"/>
<message name="SetAttributesRequest"/>
<message name="SetAttributesResponse"/>
<message name="GetAttributesAsyncRequest"/>
<message name="GetAttributesAsyncResponse"/>
<message name="SetAttributesAsyncRequest"/>
<message name="ExecuteRequest"/>
<message name="ExecuteResponse"/>
<message name="ExecuteAsyncRequest"/>
<message name="ExecuteAsyncResponse"/>
<message name="GetAllRequest"/>
<message name="GetAllResponse"/>
<message name="RegisterRequest"/>
<message name="RegisterResponse"/>
<message name="SetAttributesAsyncResponse"/>
<message name="UnRegisterRequest"/>
<message name="UnRegisterResponse"/>