WBMM> Queues

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Thu Jul 24 13:39:17 EDT 2003

Ouch! disallow SETs?

I agree (propose) with the concept of subsetting. I am thinking more along
the lines of a "growth path"... where we start with Extranet as target and
possibly limit our scope to devices, then move to include Intranet and
also expand to services, then, finally include queues

But I think SET capability is needed, even at the lowest compliance level.
If not, how, for example, would a remote manager take a device off-line
should this be necessary... or post a message to the opPanel?
Harry Lewis
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

"Wagner,William" <WWagner at NetSilicon.com>
Sent by: owner-wbmm at pwg.org
07/24/2003 11:30 AM

"TAYLOR,BOB (HP-Vancouver,ex1)" <bobt at hp.com>, "McDonald, Ira"
<imcdonald at sharplabs.com>, Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM at IBMUS, <wbmm at pwg.org>
cc

Subject
RE: WBMM> Queues

Harry had brought up  the notion of different classes of compliance in his
last minutes. I think this  is as it must go. For WBMM monitoring
applications, any  set  operation let alone queue management must be
disallowed. But that does not mean that we ought not identify and format
set operations.

Bill Wagner