WBMM> Posted SBSM and SNMPv3 Overview drafts

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sun Mar 7 13:49:56 EST 2004

Hi folks,

[these have not yet been posted by the I-D editor]

I've posted the latest Session Based Security Model for SNMPv3 (SBSM)
and David Perkins' companion 10-page overview of SNMPv3.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/security/draft-hardaker-snmp-session-sm-01.tx

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/security/draft-perkins-snmpv-overview-00.txt

The SBSM lets SNMPv3 sessions be created and secured using existing
corporate security infrastructures (PKI, Kerberos, LDAP, etc.), with
no special usernames/privileges to be managed for SNMP devices.

Highly relevant to WBMM fleet management environments.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com