WIMS> CIM> one queston about console lights

WIMS> CIM> one queston about console lights

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Thu Oct 19 15:39:27 EDT 2006

Forgot to ask this today.  How does one tell remotely if a console light
is turned on, e.g., some warning light?  The only method I can find is
to look at the light times.  If OnTime is nz and OffTime is z, then the
light is on, supposedly, I think; and v-v, if OnTime is z and OffTime is
nz, thenthe light is off.  We didn't want these properties to be
writable, as they were spec'ed in the MIB, because no one ever used them
to blink the lights.  But they might be very useful to read if the
controller manipulates them properly.  Anyone have any idea if
controllers actually do that?  If so, do we want perhaps to promote
these to A or still leave it up to the vendor as B?

rick

Richard_Landau(at)dell(dot)com, Stds & System Mgt Arch, CTO Office
+1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3, MS RR5-09, Round Rock, TX 78682