WIMS> CIM> one queston about console lights

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 20 01:56:17 EDT 2006

Rick, you are right. prtConsoleOffTime = 0 means a light is "on" (and not
blinking). Likewise, prtConsoleOnTime = 0 (or BOTH = 0) means the light is
steady "off". I do think it may be valuable to promote these, applying
this semantic.
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

<Richard_Landau at Dell.com>
Sent by: owner-wims at pwg.org
10/19/2006 01:39 PM

<wims at pwg.org>
cc

Subject
WIMS> CIM> one queston about console lights

Forgot to ask this today.  How does one tell remotely if a console light
is turned on, e.g., some warning light?  The only method I can find is to
look at the light times.  If OnTime is nz and OffTime is z, then the light
is on, supposedly, I think; and v-v, if OnTime is z and OffTime is nz,
thenthe light is off.  We didn't want these properties to be writable, as
they were spec'ed in the MIB, because no one ever used them to blink the
lights.  But they might be very useful to read if the controller
manipulates them properly.  Anyone have any idea if controllers actually
do that?  If so, do we want perhaps to promote these to A or still leave
it up to the vendor as B?
rick