WIMS> CIM> [Bugs - missing Write] Posted CR for CIM_PrintOutputTray

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Tue Feb 13 15:35:54 EST 2007

Thank you.  I just missed it (and I actually tried not to).  That's one
more thing to fix before we do a final ballot on this class.

I agree we should not pick and choose in the class, but we should make
it clear that implementations may choose not to permit writing on some
or all properties.  Details to be supplied in a profile.  I really do
want to permit writing, though, so that one can at least change media
names, default trays, and so forth.  But not prtGeneralReset.

rick

________________________________

From: McDonald, Ira [mailto:imcdonald at sharplabs.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:07
To: Landau, Richard; wims at pwg.org
Subject: RE: WIMS> CIM> [Bugs - missing Write] Posted CR for
CIM_PrintOutputTray

Hi Rick,

I just imported your improved description clauses for
the five StatusXxx properties into my template class.

In CR 901 as posted, you have four Write qualifiers
(for MAX-ACCESS read-write objects).  There should
be six.  Per RFC 3805, the missing two are:

- StackingOrder
- PageDeliveryOrientation

I would urge that _if_ we preserve the Write clause
at all for CIM printing properties (I'd personally rather
NOT preserve it), we should NOT pick and choose,
but should preserve it uniformly.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434