WIMS> CIM> There is one possible candidate for EnabledLogicalElement

WIMS> CIM> There is one possible candidate for EnabledLogicalElement

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Thu Apr 19 14:41:59 EDT 2007

Console.  Not ConsoleLights or ConsoleDisplayBuffer, but a class with no
properties other than state so that it can be enabled and disabled.  In
the voting spreadsheet from eons ago, we all voted
prtGeneralConsoleDisable as priority A.  And there is a comment on it
that says, "must be implemented as CIM state accessible by
RequestStateChange() method."  Who would have guessed that we had such
foresight way back then.

Proposal: When we get to it, we can use this as a pipe cleaner for CIM
modeling of this writable property.  I think it results in an otherwise
empty class derived directly from EnabledLogicalElement.  No new
properties, just the state properties and RequestStateChange() method
inherited from the parent.

Comments?

rick

Richard_Landau(at)dell(dot)com, Stds & System Mgt Architecture, CTO
Office
+1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3, MS RR5-09, Round Rock, TX 78682